May 31, 2009

Music

I love music. Its an integral part of my life.

Growing up I remember riding in the car with my mom, listening to the radio or the Dirty Dancing Soundtrack. I loved the Dirty Dancing soundtracks. Then riding with Dad to school in the mornings listening to FM 100 with Ron and Karen in the mornings.

As I grew older I developed my own tastes. The Dirty Dancing soundtracks were a few of the first CDs I owned. They're still an old fall back I adore. Over the years I've established quite the collection of music and rarely have a quiet time without some kind of music going on.

At work, we listen to the mainstream radio. It drives me absolutely crazy listening to the same popular songs multiple times a day. I've grown to hate them all actually. Listening to my iPod in the car ride home is always a refreshing break.

My current tastes are for alternative, indie music, with some classic rock thrown in for good measure.

But on the weekends, I have a strong only oldies stance. I don't know why. But we only listen to oldies in the car on Saturdays and Sundays. Riding in the car with the car with the windows down, shades on, and singing to the top of our lungs our favorite oldies just makes me smile. Its what weekends are supposed to feel like.

No comments: