May 14, 2009

Cookbook Roulette

I love food. I love good food. My favorite thing to do is eat a good meal. I love eating out at delicious, local restaurants.

We can't afford to eat out all the time, so we eat at home a good amount of the time. Which means that someone's gotta do the cooking. And since the Baddass works later than me, that leaves me or Bosco to do the cookin'.

My Google Reader is overflowing with food blogs and recipes. But sometimes I still get bored and have absolutely no inertia to decide what will be for dinner. So I devised a new game, if you will, to decide. I call it, cookbook roulette.

The Baddass chooses a number at random and then we cook something on or near that page. Tuesday night we had mixed vegetable salad with peanut sauce. Last night we had burritos.

Its fun to make something different and not feel the pressure of deciding. Plus, it is forcing me to make things that I normally wouldn't have thought of.

No comments: