The master bath is one of those things that has bothered me about the new house since we first saw it. Purple walls, avocado green counters and accessories, boring beige floor, square white tiles in the shower. Ugh. It's a mess.
And while I still feel very lucky to even have a master bathroom, it was very much a bummer.
One of my goals for the year was to work on the bathroom in the month of January. We do not have the budget for a full reno, so taking my cues from Young House Love, I thought a Phase 1 redo would help me live with it for the time being. Lord knows when we'll be able to do the full reno.
First order of business: Tearing out the avocado green accessories: the toothbrush holder, soap holder, and toilet paper holder. A previous owner took out the towel bar at some point and left it poorly patched. I also switched out the towel rack that was there and installed an Ikea double hanging towel rod.
For patching I decided to try these things. I don't even know what they are called. But I will say, they were a poor choice for this project. I think they work well on smaller holes (like an outlet I covered in the guest bedroom), but on larger ones where you need the 6" or 8" patches it takes a LOT of work to get it to look okay.
Even Charlie got in on the action.
Last week I entered in the Chris Loves Julia makeover with Lowe's. I highly doubt I'll get chosen, but these photos I used do make it look rough. HA!
I spent all day Saturday priming and painting and by the end of the day got the light fixtures and pictures hung. I did some more trimming on Monday to have it finished.
The bathroom is sort of done for now, but I want to buy some white towels and mats to make it a little bit more complete. Will do a separate post for the "After" pictures.