Nov 15, 2008

It's true what they say... you do eventually turn into your mother. My mother repeatedly said today, "You are my child!" I don't even know how many times she said it.

It all started when I went to an estate sale this morning. I purchased four matching 5x7 frames (once we have a house I think I'm going to do a grouping of wedding photos) as well as this little piece with four drawers. I don't even know how to really describe it other than a tall-ish, narrow drawer thing. I thought it was a kinda cute and had potential and it was cheap, so I bought it.

I was on the way out east to visit the parents (mainly because I desperately wanted to put my Christmas music on my iPod) and brought in my purchase to show my mom. She was very upset that she didn't get it and we proceeded to spend a few hours on fixing it up.

I should have thought to get a picture before I started cleaning it, but I finally thought of it after I had taken the drawers out to start cleaning.

We puttied holes and did some touch up today. This afternoon my mom was going to purchase some stain that she needed for another project that will work well for this project. So in the next week or so, we'll stain it.

It is actually two seperate drawer sets from sewing tables that had been put together. After stain and a little more support, its going to be an amazing piece I can't wait to use.

No comments: