Oct 13, 2016

ORC: Master Bedroom Week 2

One Room Challenge™ Guest Participants, Week 1

Welcome back to the second week of One Room Challenge hosted by Linda at Calling It Home. I'm so excited to be able to participate this year. If you are just joining me I'm working on our new master bedroom. My family moved into this 1970 home at the beginning of the summer and we are just now starting to make it our own.

It's paint week! Leading up to this challenge I'd been thinking about paint for this room. I'll be painting our master bath and guest bedroom the same color so I've been looking at swatches for weeks. Actually I pulled swatches before we even moved specifically for these rooms. Did I tell you how much I hate purple?



I tried four different colors out and was easily able to make a decision. Funny how easy it is once you see it on the wall. Which would you choose?

Image result for clary sage sherwin williamsImage result for alabaster sherwin williams

I decided on Clary Sage by Sherwin Williams and Alabaster for trim, also by Sherwin Williams.

Previous owners seemed to take necessary precautions in case "the big one" happened. Nearly everything they hung was using a dry wall anchor.  Why? I've hung many a heavy thing without ever needing a dry wall anchor.  Patching holes required the extra step of punching the anchor flush with the wall and then spackling over.

Over the past week I've also thought a lot about wall hangings. Specifically for the wall between my side of the bed and the closet door. It bothers me.



Should I:
a) leave it blank
b) do some sort of engineering print or two here (because they are cheap and take up a bunch of space)
c) a woven wall hanging?

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think as I'm using every spare brain cell debating this with myself.



Back to the painting! I'll leave you with what our bedroom currently looks like. I've primed and gotten one coat of paint on. I tried to put it on thick, so we'll see if it needs another coat after it dries.

Please pray for our marriage. We "slept" in the guest bedroom last night, although neither of us really slept.

Let me know about the wall in the comments. Until then, see you next week!

1 comment:

Brett said...

We agree with your color choice and say hang something. :-) Maybe the prints you were talking about, but no matter what you do it will look excellent!