Nov 3, 2016

ORC Master Bedroom Week 5 - Almost There!

One Room Challenge™ Guest Participants, Week 1

Welcome back to the fifth week of One Room Challenge hosted by Linda at Calling It Home. I'm so excited to be able to participate this year. If you are just joining me I'm working on our new master bedroom. My family moved into this 1970 home at the beginning of the summer and we are just now starting to make it our own.  Catch up here on Week 1Week 2, Week 3, and Week 4

Hard to believe we are in the final home stretch of this challenge. Thank the Lord is all I have to say about it at this point.

This past week has been challenging. I've grown frustrated at how long some projects are taking and just ready to be done already! Anyone else feel the same way?




I ordered new pillow shams for the bed. I really loved the fabric I had before but it clashes with the drapery fabric(the same as the smaller middle pillow) so it had to go. I moved them to the guest room for the time being and they look beautiful in there.

I bought a frame for my river print but haven't framed it or hung it yet. I guess I'll save it for a last minute project.

On Saturday we prepared ourselves for crown molding day! Bryan called his parents over to watch Charlie in the morning so that we could knock it out. Hahahahahahahaha

It looks good up, but the corners are wrong. 

We watched all the YouTube videos and read up a bunch on making the cuts for crown molding. It took about 20 times longer than we expected, but by Sunday evening we had it up.




I've been spending all the subsequent naptimes caulking and painting. It's exhausting to squeeze DIY in between parenting, but the results are worth it. The last few nights I've laid in bed staring at my crown molding instead of reading. And if you know me, that's really saying something.

Can't wait to see everyone else's progress and next week to see all the final rooms!


1 comment:

Emy said...

I can't figure out crown molding for the life of me! I think I need to buy the kreg jog for it! Can't wait to see your reveal!