May 11, 2015

Soggy Garden Update

Good morning. It's a bit wet here today but I ran out between rain showers to snap some photos. 

I was finally able to get some plants in the ground this past weekend! Nothing makes me more anxious than having things that need planting but not finding the time. 

Here's what things are looking like as of this morning: 


Garlic, Aspargus, carrots, volunteer potatoes. I planted some edamame seeds on Saturday on the right hand side. I've heard garlic and beans do not do well together. We'll see what happens. 


I planted some basil seeds and cucumber seeds in the far too right bed. Peppers and tomatoes will go in the middle bed over the next few weeks. 


It's nearly impossible to see in this picture but I planted a jet star tomatoe in the top left. Some potatoes coming up in the bottom right, but it's mostly just weeds. Peppers and tomatoes will go in middle bed soon. 


The back bed was completed this weekend! Three types of beans planted and four types of tomatoes. Glory! 


Hello, sweet young things! 


I was also able to convince Bryan to plant two hydrangeas I purchased at a plant sale under the redbud and spread mulch. It's amazing the difference this makes. 

Now if we could just do something about the weed infested yard! 

I'm pleased with the progress and anxious to see the rest of the beds planted. The rest of my tomato starts will be planted soon enough. My peppers are a few weeks behind since the first batch never sprouted. 






No comments: