May 26, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend 2015

We kicked off our Memorial Day weekend with Charlie's 4 month check up. The pediatrician suggested he start using his Bumbo and he was not so sure about it.
Ha. I love his faces below.



My family has this thing where we travel for food. Particularly bbq and tamales. I don't know when this started or why, but we do it and we love it. My dad and I had a craving for Helen's in Brownsville, TN. So we loaded up the family van and hit the highway. It's only an hour or less from Memphis, so it wasn't a big deal.



My brother and I were stuck in the far back together. Flashbacks to growing up!





Nothing like a holiday weekend in the South like sitting on the side of the highway eating bbq on a picnic table.

Mom picked out a slew of drinks and I was so excited to drink Orange Crush. I'm pretty sure I hadn't had it since I was eight. Delicious and perfect with our meal.

By the way, Dad ordered some bbq nachos at Helen's. They were cheesy doritos covered in bbq sauce, bbq, and nacho cheese. Ridiculous.



Charlie gave us some 'tude on the ride home. But he'd had his shots that afternoon so we forgave him.



Saturday morning was a sweet time of lounging, snuggles, farmers market. I worked in the garden some too.



Saturday night Bryan and I had our first date night in a month or more. We started at the Tennesee Brewery with drinks. Then walked up to the park to see some of the Sunset Symphony Airshow. You can see the plane in the middle of the picture above in the white cloud. Then we walked down South Main for appetizers at Cafe Pontotac and dinner at 5 Spot.

Sunday was church and hanging around the house which was nice.



Monday we went to Bryan's parent's house for a cookout.

It was nice to have a long weekend to start the summer off right.  Hope you had a great holiday weekend!


No comments: