Apr 6, 2015

Garden Update Monday

Good morning! I hope you had a wonderful Easter and holiday weekend. 

Early last week I snuck in some time in the garden. I planted garlic, this years experiment, asparagus, carrots, and lettuce. 


The garlic I spaced along the fence line of this bed. It's hard to reach so I thought this might be the best place for it. They shouldn't need much tending to other than water. 

On Saturday I got Bryan to work on the new fruit bush bed up front. We pulled out the over grown bushes last fall, but it still required a little prep work. 

Once it was cleared we planted four blueberry bushes and three more blackberry bushes near our existing blackberries. 


Not the prettiest bed ever, but it's on the side of our house and only our neighbor will really see it. 

While I was out on Saturday I noticed many of the garlic was already sprouting. We also must have missed a potato last year because it looks like we have a start on our hands. 


This week I intend to start our potatoes purchased for this year. I'm also hoping to see some pepper sprouts. 

What's happening in your garden?



No comments: