Oct 3, 2014

New Music: Ex Hex "Rips"

As part of my 30 before 30 goal I wanted to spent more time this year immersing myself in music, specifically new to me music. I hope to post a few of my findings here for you. I'm not a music reviewer so don't expect any titillating review or anything.

Sometimes when I am in a music rut and don't know what to listen to I'll visit NPR's Music page and browse around. I'll click on things to listen to. Sometimes I hate the music and sometimes I'll listen to the full thing. This week I happened upon Ex Hex's full album "Rips". You can listen to the full album here.

Ex Hex has a punk rock girl sound going on. Not something I'd initially seek out on my own, but I didn't turn it off, so that says something. After the second listen I was really digging it.  It's not really angry, misogynistic punk, it's fun, dancing around kind of punk. Perfect for when you need a little perk up... like when you were awake from 4-6 am for the second morning in a row for no reason at all... but that's probably just me.

Favorite songs: How You Got That Girl, Radio On, New Kid

When to Listen: before going out with your girl friends, deep cleaning

No comments: