Oct 17, 2014

New Music: Amy LaVere's Runaway's Diary

As part of my 30 before 30 goal I wanted to spent more time this year immersing myself in music, specifically new to me music. I hope to post a few of my findings here for you. I'm not a music reviewer so don't expect any titillating review or anything.

Local musician Amy LaVere recently released a new album, Runaway's Diary. I listened to it in full this week as my new listen. We've seen Amy perform several times at the Levitt Shell and have always enjoyed her unique sound.

This album starts off slow and mellow with "Rabbit", but gets into a fun groove with "Last Rock N'Roll Boy to Dance".  Some songs have more of a bluesy, twang. "I'll Be Home" has a bit of a jazzy swing to it.  Amy's lyrics hook me. Which really says something since I can listen to whole albums over and over and over again and never really hear one word.

Favorite Songs: Last Rock N' Roll Boy to Dance, Don't Go Yet John

When to Listen: working, car tunes, hanging around the house

Special note to Memphians: Amy will be playing at RiverArts Fest on the 24th and at Indie Memphis on the 30th. Catch her schedule here.

No comments: