Jul 26, 2008

This is the air I breathe

Being a child of Generation Y (I think that's what I am) the internet is pretty much my oxygen. I need it to breathe. Without it is like being lost in the woods with no compass. Its almost unthinkable. However, I have found myself lost in the woods more than I care to talk about lately.

You see, we've had a nice neighbor with an excellent unsecured wireless signal. We've enjoyed it immensely. I might have given up on this living alone and married business and moved right back home to where the internet was as stable as Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood. But earlier this week, our world's air has taken a different shift. Our once excellent source became secured. Damn Comcast.

While sitting on the couch playing Solitaire (I'm attached to my computer at the lap and if I don't have the internet I've got to do something with it, plus its very addictive) when I got a low unsecured signal. Never in my life have I been so excited to see a low signal. And even though its super slow and reminds me of my early days with Internet - oh dial-up, how you teased me. I still, sometimes, get to breathe normal air.

No comments: