Jan 2, 2017

Books I Read 2016

Overall I ended up reading over 55 books. I say "over" because this is the count from Goodreads and I read many children's books and also the entire Harry Potter series without counting it on Goodreads. Below I'll list a few of my favorites:

Fiction
Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
Eleven Hours by Pamela Erens
How to Build a Girl by Caitlin Moran

Non-Fiction
I Feel Bad About My Neck, by Nora Ephron
When Breathe Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
You'll Grow Out of It by Jessi Klein
Let Them Eat Dirt
Dirty Chick by Antonia Murphy

Cookbooks
It's All Easy by Gwyneth Paltrow
Alton Brown Every Day Cook

Favorite from the year: ugh I just can't pick. It was a great year of reading. Nothing absolutely jumps out as my favorite. Any of those listed above are worthy of a read.

Least Favorite from the year: Eligible by Curtis Littenfeld - I made a valient effort to finish, but ultimately wanted to throw the book against the wall, so I called it quits before I destroyed a library book not worth the cost of replacing.

So what was your favorite book of the year?

No comments: