Jul 9, 2013

This morning

I didn't get much sleep last night. Thinking about Tigger, missing Bryan, and worrying about logistics to come.

One thing I was thinking about in the shower was to stop complaining. The verse, which I haven't read in years, came to mind to do everything without grumbling or complaining. I don't like people who complain all the time and I should make every effort to not be that person either.

7:15 I loaded up Tigger in the carrier, fed the other three, and managed to get the two of us out the door. It was awkward with the big carrier, but we made it.

In the car I was listening to the Dinner Party Download podcast as a distraction. They had a British writer talk about the British vs. American point of view. One thing he said that he admired about Americans is that they don't complain as much as the British/Europeans.

It's kind of amazing what you can do before 8:30 am. I was able to drop off Tigger, pick up some breakfast, pick up my car and get to work early.

When I arrived to work I started up the computer, went through my email, opened my gmail and Facebook for a brief scan. The very first item that came up on my feed was an update on a family from church. The wife of the family has been put under hospice care. While I don't know this family very well at all, it breaks my heart for her husband, her daughters, and their young families. It was the perspective I needed.

Yes, this isn't exactly the most fun time right now with Bryan away, car problems, and cat cancer, but we have each other, we have our family, and things could be a lot worse.

No comments: