Jun 20, 2016

Pools Open!


When we bought this house the pool had been left for weeks and was disgusting. (See above.) 

We spent weeks and tons of money and chemicals trying to get it just so. 



Finally last week I went to the pool store and asked for help. I added a bunch of shock and white lightning and this is what I woke up to the next morning: 


Blue, but cloudy. The white cloudy-ness turned out to be dead algae. 

Dead algae is good algae in our book. 

After flocking it and vacuuming, we were able to swim in mostly clear blue water! 



So far it's still new to us and my eyes are adjusting to a big blue body of water outside my window. 

We had two pool parties on Sunday and it was a bunch of fun. 

There is still much to learn about taking care of a pool, but for now I'm just happy we can finally swim! 

No comments: