Oct 15, 2015

State of the Blog Address and a Poll

I've had this blog for 8 years now. 8 YEARS! That's kind of a long time in blogging years. I've contemplated making this a serious, hopefully money making endeavor, but never really took it to that level. Mainly because I know that it would take a serious investment in both time and money and I've never been ready to take that plunge. But I still keep it up. Mostly for myself. I enjoy looking back and seeing what we did and what I was thinking over the years. I use this as a family scrapbook, a journal, and a creative outlet.

Recently I've been thinking about the blog again and what I should do with it. Keep it up? Take it seriously? Build a brand? Ugh. that kills me. Branding, cultivating your image and social media, it all makes me a little sick.

The state of blogging these days is changing. Big, money making bloggers are quitting, new sponsorship opportunities are happening, but are people still reading? Or is it a new generation of both bloggers and readers? Who really even knows.

Anyways, I'm not sure where I am going with this post or this blog. But I thought maybe just maybe, you wouldn't mind letting me know you are reading and what you like??? Maybe no one is reading this at all and that's fine. I just need to know. So if you have a couple of minutes, could you do me a solid and fill out the poll?

Create your own user feedback survey

I so appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

No comments: