Dec 1, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving has come and gone and now the Christmas season/Birthday month is upon us!

We had a lovely Thanksgiving this year. The majority of Bryan's family was out of town which meant we got to do just one Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving Day. Having both families in town is quite the blessing, but one downside is we feel like our holidays are just rushing from one event to another without fully enjoying any of them.  It was nice to relax with my mom's family on Thursday and spend some time with friends and Bryan's brother on Friday.



Bryan ran the Turkey Trot 4 Miler Thursday morning. He won pie.



My dessert plate at my grandparents house. I made a Chocolate Pecan Chess Pie this year and it was fantastic. I also made a classic pecan pie. Mom made a pumpkin.

Like last year we reserved a turkey from Renaissance Farms months in advance so we planned a gathering at our house for Friday.





We had Bryan's brother, sister-in-law, a friend from college who came in town for the long weekend, and our friends Emily, Stephen and Mabel over for Friendsgiving.



Once again we had a great feast!

I totally forgot to take a picture of the table or any other pictures besides the turkey.  But we had a great time visiting and eating.  Best of all I remembered to be gracious and hospitable and was relaxed.

We have so much to be thankful for this year: our health, our growing family, each other, our families, and new adventures. I hope you all had a wonderful, relaxing Thanksgiving as well.

No comments: