May 16, 2014

New Music: The Ruby Suns

As part of my 30 before 30 goal I wanted to spent more time this year immersing myself in music, specifically new to me music. I hope to post a few of my findings here for you. I'm not a music reviewer so don't expect any titillating review or anything.

Yep, another band I have no idea where I heard them from. You'll be happy to know that on new additions to the "to listen to" list I notate where I first heard of said band. That way I can give credit where credit is due two to three years from now when I finally get around to listening to them. Sigh... some days I think I need to ramp up my new music listening. Otherwise I'll never get caught up. But then I remind myself that this is not a race and if I did get caught up I'd be bored and wouldn't know what to listen to.

This week I listened to The Ruby Sun's 2013 album Christopher. It's upbeat and a little bit electronica. Perfect for the tedious, mind-numbing task I was working on (organizing old photos on my hard drive). Turns out the main guy lives in New Zealand. Shout to to Brett!

When to Listen: doing tedious work, Friday's at work, getting ready to go out

No comments: