May 2, 2014

New Music: Matthew E. White's Big Inner

As part of my 30 before 30 goal I wanted to spent more time this year immersing myself in music, specifically new to me music. I hope to post a few of my findings here for you. I'm not a music reviewer so don't expect any titillating review or anything.

Like last week I have had this album on my "to listen" list for a long time and I can't remember where I heard of it first. I want to say maybe on WEVL, our local volunteer station. But who knows.

I started listening to it on Monday morning, feeling super proud of myself for starting early this week. Then Bryan had a cyst removed and I've spent the rest of the week on the road or helping him out or spending time with family. So I haven't actually gotten to the end of the Outer Face Edition album yet. But I've loved every second that I've listened. It's super chill, but still complex and interesting. Not a put you to sleep kind of chill, but I'm just enjoying a quiet night at home with my magazines and this bottle of wine kind of chill.

This album has now moved to my "to buy" list.

When to listen: see above

No comments: