Sep 23, 2013

Fall Check List

It's not really a secret that I'm a to-do list, task oriented person. I love lists and I love checking things off lists.

Last holiday season I made a check-list of all the holiday things I wanted to do to make sure that we didn't leave anything off. It's so easy to come home from work and forget about all the fun holiday things to do. Like drinking a toddy and watching a favorite movie.

In the spirit of that I'm composing a fall check list. Fall things to do so that we don't let the season slip by without fully embracing it.

- Make a spiced cider - pulled the recipe from the new Garden and Gun. Apple cider and bourbon is just a must in our house.

- Deck out the front porch in mums and pumpkins

- Make hearty soups and stews

- Make chilli. Technically a soup I guess, but I consider it it's own thing.

-Create a fall tablescape. Because I'm a dork.

- Drink all the pumpkin beers! We kicked off the first day of fall yesterday with a Blackstone Brewery Pumpkin beer. It was delicious. New tradition? I think yes. 

No comments: