Jan 29, 2013

Weekend Recap

I have time and feel like writing, so today you are going to get a weekend recap. Aren't you lucky?
Bryan got home from his week in SLC just before 9 pm. It was so nice to finally have him home. 4 days is too long. TOO LONG, Bryan.

Saturday morning Bryan went for a late run. We had a few errands to run which included: home improvement store, library (Bryan got a library card!), lunch at Pho Saigon (yummy!), and a trip to the grocery store. I made our weekly meal plan and grocery list a day early so that we could relax on Sunday.
We enjoyed a pretty lazy afternoon. We did a few things around the house or in the yard, but mostly we just sat around, read, or talked. It was nice. Normally we have tons of chores on Saturdays, but I tried to kick butt, er, do a bunch of chores during the week so that we wouldn't have as much to do this weekend. I'm nice like that.
Friday was Bevin's birthday so we all gathered at Bevin and Jamie's house Saturday night to celebrate. I took photos. There will be another post with those.



Sunday Bryan got up for a run and I enjoyed a quiet morning reading and drinking coffee with the girls. We went to Redeemer for church because Sandy Wilson was preaching. It was excellent. We came home (yay, Bryan didn't have to work!) and I prepared homemade stromboli. There are few things in life that make me feel like I'm winning at life, homemade pizza dough is one of them. After lunch we took Roux to the dog park to run around.

I purchased Grizz tickets on impulse earlier in the week so we headed downtown to pre-game on Beale. Okay, so it wasn't really that glamorous, we got a beer at the Beale Street Tap Room. Unfortunately the Grizz lost to the Hornets, but it was still fun to be there. We followed up the game with beer and snacks at SOB.
It was so nice to have Bryan around the whole weekend and to have some time to have some fun. Sunday night I woke up and for a split second pondered what we'd do the next day before realizing that the next day was Monday and that meant going back to work. I think that's a good sign of doing the weekend right. When you forget about Monday.

No comments: