Jan 28, 2013

The Need to Grow

About this time every year I start getting the itch to grow something. I throw myself into garden prep, research, buying too many seeds or starter plants, etc. I've seen a lot of beautiful succulent gardens on the blogs the last few months and I decided that maybe this would be my temporary fix. I've already purchased my seeds and planned my garden for this coming season. Last weekend I cleaned up some of the beds and tilled the soil. (I still have two more beds to go, but I'm saving those for a spring like day.)
So Saturday my mission was to purchase succulents and make a cute little arrangment (or two or three) using pots that I already have. Because Lord knows I have enough. Just ask my husband. Unfortunately the home improvment store we chose to go to did not have any. I guess it makes sense. They are making room for spring/summer plants. Probably no one else wants an indoor plant right now, except me. Oh well. It was not to be. Maybe next winter, succulent garden. Maybe next year.

No comments: