Nov 22, 2012

Thankful

It's no secret that it's been a pretty crummy year for the Baddorfs. I won't get into it and today I'm trying to get over my self-centered pity party I've been in the last week and just be grateful for what I have.

This year I'm struck by how many cool people we've met and built relationships with. I am thankful for the people in our lives. From the chefs and bloggers we've met, our neighbors we've gotten to know, and the co-workers from Skyline that have become more like family than anything else. I am thankful for our families who always surround us with love and support. And for Roux, for being the cuddle bunny that I needed.

I am thankful for Bryan, who has been so kind and my rock through this crazy year. I know I try on his nerves and I'm sorry for it.

I am thankful for this house and this amazing place that we live. For Memphis and Tucker Jefferson neighborhood.

I am thankful that, for the most part, we get to do what we want. Run, loll about, re-do a bathroom, create a garden, eat yummy food, etc.

Most of all I am thankful that this life is only temporary and that we have a greater future ahead of us.

No comments: