Mar 27, 2009

Couscous Casserole

Last night I made a couscous casserole from my new cooking bible. It was delicious. Tomato sauce, meat, fresh veggies, coucous... what can be better?! Well... it might have been better with a little onion in there, but someone I know doesn't like onion. They also don't like tomatoes or squash, but if I left those things out it would have been beef and couscous and not have nearly the delicious flavor that this casserole did.

The only negative was that it required a couple of pans. One to cook the tomato sauce and one to brown the meat. But once I got the casserole assembled and in the oven I could wash the pots and have the kitchen spotless in time to mess it all up again.

I do love a casserole when having company over. Mainly because I like getting the kitchen as clean as possible. Making it all look effortless is as important as taste to me. I don't know why. Its probably an ego thing. I should get over that.

My concession to hostess last night was wearing a t-shirt (no bra!) and jeans. I don't have to make it all look effortless, delicious, and look good too. Its too much work. Also, I just didn't feel like it.

No comments: