Jan 4, 2016

2016 Goals

It wouldn't be a new year without new goals! I'm not really into resolutions, I'm into goals. I might be the most task and goal oriented person I've ever met. If it's not on my to-do list, it is not getting done.

Since Charlie was being born in early 2015 I didn't really set many goals for myself last year. Survive. That was my goal. We succeeded!

This year I have just a few, here they go:

1) Reading Goal: My to-read list in Goodreads is ridiculous. My goal is for my "read" list to be longer than my "to-read" list by the end of the year. I'm setting my reading challenge number at 52. My "to-read" list at the end of the year needs to be a smaller number than 52. We'll see what happens.

2) Food Goal: Up my breakfast game. Since I'm now responsible for feeding another human being and fostering good eating habits I've been struggling with breakfast. Charlie has been getting a mashed banana mixed with oatmeal most mornings and he's tired of it. Bryan and I will sometimes have a piece of toast later in the morning. I really want to be better about providing more nutritious and varied breakfasts this year for all of us.

3) Marriage Goal: 12 dates nights. Date nights are important to me. We need to make this happen. I think once a month is totally do-able.

4) Exercise Goal: I don't have a full year plan yet, other than exercise regularly. I'd like to get back into running regularly. Possibly even do a race. But I'll be honest, this has been a goal for the last how many years now?  Instead, I'll be taking it little at a time. First up, 30 days of yoga in January. My best friend and I completed a 30 day squat challenge in November and December and I'm ready to tackle something bigger now that I know I can actually complete something for 30 days. This will be a much bigger time commitment and that makes me nervous.

That's all I've got so far, but I think I've got some real challenges ahead of me. What are your goals for 2016?

No comments: