Feb 23, 2015

Mid Winter Garden Update

We are still in the midst of winter here in Memphis complete with four "snow" days this week. Although we got very little snow. It was mostly just ice which is not fun.

Last Saturday was actually pleasant and I decided to try out my new Solly baby wrap. Charlie and I went out to check on the garden and green house.



Charlie's first gardening experience!



There's not much happening out there. A few herbs and strawberries are still surviving - although I haven't been back there since our snow week, so who knows now.

In other news I purchased a couple of blueberry plants and a couple more blackberry bushes from Stark Brothers. This is my first time ordering with them and I'm excited to finally get some blueberry bushes! I've been wanting some for a few years now.

I also purchased some garlic to plant. This past summer I received some fresh garlic in my CSA and it was life changing. I'm not sure how it will work in my garden - I don't have very high hopes - but I'm pretty excited at the possibility of getting more of that amazingly fresh garlic again. Mmmm...

I keep hoping that one of these days when Charlie is down for a long nap I can work on figuring out when I need to start my seeds and come up with a more detailed plan for the garden. But so far it hasn't happened. Maybe one day this week...

What's happening in your winter garden? 

No comments: