Jan 2, 2015

2015 Goals

New year, new goals! If you are just starting to follow along, I'm a goal oriented person. Some years I'll do seasonal goals and some years I just go for the whole year.  With Charlie arriving soon I tried not to overwhelm myself as I'm sure learning to take care of a wee one will be the biggest undertaking yet. But I can't let a year go by without a few goals, so here we go:

- A healthy baby. Duh.

- Experiment with making cheese. I've seen lots of easy looking recipes for ricotta and mozzarella. I think I'll give it a go this year.

- Bake more. I'm not a baker, but I'd love to try to break out of my flour-phobic comfort zone. I'm even making a pound cake today! (Notice, lose weight or eat healthy are not on this list.)

- Exercise regularly (at least 2-3 times a week). This will have to happen after Charlie for obvious reasons. During most of this pregnancy I was taking a weekly pre-natal yoga class that I absolutely loved. After Charlie I intend to take a post-natal yoga class and then ease into a weekly yoga class at the same studio. I'd also like to take up my walk/run routine again once the weather is nice and I'm given the okay. Getting some fresh air will be key, I think, to avoid mommy burn out.

- Finish my preservation class. I started this months ago, but haven't been able to devote any time to it the last two months. I'd also like to do more preservation next spring/summer, but I'm not willing to write down any hard goals in this area at this time. I'm wary of how much energy I'll have to devote to the garden this year.

- Read the Bible in a year. Bryan and I are doing this together with our Sunday School class. You can follow along here if you'd like to do it too.

So that's the plan. What are your goals? Are these realistic for a first time mom?

No comments: