Jun 20, 2014

New Music: Little Big Town

As part of my 30 before 30 goal I wanted to spent more time this year immersing myself in music, specifically new to me music. I hope to post a few of my findings here for you. I'm not a music reviewer so don't expect any titillating review or anything.

I've been slacking the last few weeks by not listening to new music. The last few weeks have been marked by doing only what I have to to get by. A little less than the bare minimum has been happening around here. Not proud of it, but it's about all I can do.

On Saturday evening is the first Live at the Garden concert of the year. This year they are building a big new fancy stage. I'm anxious to see how this changes our viewing. The stage is now in the area we have sat in the past.

Little Big Town is the first concert. I have not heard their music before. So this afternoon I sat down, turned on Spotify and listened to their top songs. Their latest release is called "Day Drinking" which is something I can relate to.

While technically a country group, I don't mind their more rock sound and I especially love the vocal harmonies. Strong vocals are just not something that every band has. Gotta appreciate that when you see it.

No comments: