Jan 1, 2014

Books I've Read 2013

I've read a lot of books this year. More than any other year. It's been a great escape and education. In previous years I've stayed mostly in the fiction section of the library, but this year I wanted to make an effort to branch out a little. I'm glad I did. There is much to learn out there and reading is one avenue to get there.

So without further ado, here are my favorite books of the year.

Favorite Fiction: The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak. I loved loved loved this book. The movie is coming out soon and I can't wait to see how they portray this interesting novel.

Favorite Non-Fiction: Quiet by Susan Cain. Seriously loved this book. I learned so much about myself through it. I encourage everyone, introverted and extroverted, to read it.

Favorite Cookbook: Dinner, A Love Story. Part cookbook, part memoir on the writer's cooking journey.

Honorable Mentions:
Eleanor and Park
Me Before You
The Fault in our Stars
Where'd You Go Bernadette?
The Secret History
Nine Lives
Blood, Bones and Butter
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Charms for the Easy Life

Okay, so that might seem like a lot of Honorable Mentions, but those are the ones that I truly loved and that have stuck with me over the year. What books have you been reading?

No comments: