Oct 30, 2012

New Orleans October 2012

During my week of Sabbatical I accompanied Bryan down to New Orleans.

This time we stayed in the Garden District in a cute carriage house.

Thursday evening Bryan dropped me off at Armstrong Park for Jazz in the Park.



Friday we had lunch at Bacchanal and dreamed of opening something similar in Memphis.





We spent the afternoon wandering around the Quarter and got Bryan fitted for a hat.









Saturday Bryan went to Baton Rouge to work a packet pick up for the race that brought us down in the first place. I amused myself by having a fancy brunch at Cafe Adelaide and visiting the Southern Food Museum.





Saturday evening Bryan picked me up and after dinner in town we headed north towards New Roads, LA. Bryan was to help out at the triathalon in the morning and we thought it best to be close to it.

The motel we stayed in was definitely not five star, but the view Sunday morning was pretty awesome.



We ended the trip by driving the backroads along the Mississippi River towards Natchez and stopped for a delicious lunch. I insisted we make a pitstop at Fat Mama's for pickles and a margarita for the road!

No comments: