Sep 18, 2008

Photos

I don't think of myself as a person who takes a lot of photos. I do make a point of keeping a camera nearby (in my purse) in case the mood should strike me to take pictures. But somehow I have ended up with roughly 200 photos of the engagement, engagement photos, pictures from showers, pictures that guests at our wedding took, and pictures from the honeymoon on top of the over 200 professional photos I printed.

What the heck am I supposed to do with these?! Surely I'm not going to have to do the unthinkable..... scrapbook. Please please please, don't make me scrapbook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is only one thing (okay no, two things: stupid photographer) that I regret about my decision making as a bride. I decided it would be a cute idea to do a scrapbook instead of a guest book. I bought a scrapbook and color coordinating pages that went along with "my colors" (what a ridiculous phrase, only a bride can get away with saying something as stupid as that) and had guests sign messages to us on it while leaving space to put photos from the wedding. It sounds cute, but who the hell is going to make this cute scrapbook for me. Something that I will be proud to keep forever and ever and ever and hand down for generations and generations. Certainly not me. What the hell was I thinking when I decided this, I don't know.

I think I'm going to have to chalk it up and pay for something to scrapbook for me. How much do those kinds of services cost?

My only other option is to discard the guest signed pages and do a coffetable book on the internet and have it printed. But I still like the idea of the messages signed by our guests. Bummer.

P.S. I've gone crazy decorating. Its all I can think about now. I almost hate myself for it.... but not because I bought the cutest vase today.

No comments: