Sep 20, 2008

Lazy Saturday Morning

I slept in this morning. I can't remember the last time. It felt good and was much needed. I've had a pretty much constant headache and sore throat since Tuesday morning and have been taking tons of medication. Rest was just what I needed. I still have a headache, but I think that has more to do with the fact that I require my after-lunch caffine kick immediately following my morning coffee.

However, I do feel slightly bad about my rest. The Baddass woke me up early to get ready to go to his race. Since we only have one car he needed a ride to the race to prepare. He likes to get there unncessarily early to warm up and shit. This would mean an hour and a half of me sitting alone or watching him stretch, then alone for 15 minutes while he runs with a couple of chance sightings of him passing by not even looking at me, then a few minutes post race where he's completely sweaty and worn out and barely even looks or talks to me, then another forty five minutes of me alone while he does his cool down run, and finally at least forty five minues or more of waiting until they start the awards which would be at least 30 minutes of them slowly calling out and mispronoucing everyone's name before they get to the Baddass. Sounds like a lot of early morning fun, right? Yeah... so I wasn't too thrilled when he woke me up for this. I fell back to sleep actually.

I do feel bad about it. I like to support him at his races and he seems to want me to go. Although he did forget that I went to this race last year, as he was trying to describe the festivities to me yesterday. And this race is unique, it is in conjuction with the Scottish festival so the Baddass does run in a kilt as well as others. Sigh... men in skirts. However, since it is a Scottish festival it does include a bag pipe. Blah.... those are completely unncessary in the morning. Who wants to deal with that kind of screeching first thing in the morning?! Seriously.

The Baddass came home and I was still in bed, freshly awake. I hadn't even taken a sip of the coffee he made for me hours previously. He took a shower and went off to work.

Tigger and I have been sitting on the couch drinking coffee, shopping a J. Crew sale, and added more home design blogs to my Reader (its completely out of control, I need help). I'm contemplating going to an estate sale in east East Memphis if I can ever get up and dressed. But I really need to tackle the mountain of dishes in the sink and a load of whites. Boo...

Saturdays are more fun with the husband is off and I don't feel like I have to do things around the house.

No comments: