Mar 17, 2015

Seeding Starting Time!

The last week in Memphis we've started to have nicer weather. We've even had a couple 70 degree days in a row. With sun! What a difference this has made.

Over the weekend our neighborhood felt so much more alive. People were walking every where and the patios were packed.

With the change in weather it's time to start putting our gardening plans into action.  Normally I start seeds inside and this drives Bryan insane. The top of our washer and dryer are covered in trays with dirt. Last year these attracted gnats, which wasn't so fun. Bryan bought me the greenhouse specifically with seed starting inside.





I sprung for ready made seed starting trays this year. And I made my own seed starting mixture per what I learned at the Master Gardeners class last year. 1 part peat moss, 1 part vermiculite, 1 part perilite. It looks a bit odd, but I'm hoping for good things.

I started my tomatoes and peppers last week and they are cooking in the greenhouse. I should start seeing sprouts in the next week or two.

Raise your hand if you are ready for spring!

No comments: