Apr 25, 2014

New Music: Japandroid's Celebration Rock

As part of my 30 before 30 goal I wanted to spent more time this year immersing myself in music, specifically new to me music. I hope to post a few of my findings here for you. I'm not a music reviewer so don't expect any titillating review or anything.

Approximately two or so years ago I started an Evernote note on music to listen to. After keeping little lists and mental notes in various places I started putting it all down in one spot. Sometimes I would put a note where I heard the band or album suggestion, but most of the time I didn't. Japandroid's Celebration Rock is at the top of that list. I do not remember where it was first suggested to me, just that it had been sitting there for at least two years.

This week I started at the top of the list and decided to try to start knocking some of these old recommendations off. Stating here.

This album is a bit more garage rock than what I normally listen to. But they keep up a good beat. It's actually the perfect music to listen to on Friday afternoon when you are amped up for the weekend. Of course I'm listening first thing Friday morning in my pajamas, but still... I'm ready to get this weekend started.

When to listen: when you are ready to rock, Friday afternoons

Favorite song: The House That Heaven Built

No comments: