Dec 20, 2013

SANTA! I know him!

This holiday season has been one of the best in recent memory. Partly because I'm not working a traditional job I have time to stop and smell the roses pine. The last week has been exceptionally busy, but in a fun way.

Early last week Mom asked us to go to Trezvant's holiday party. I wasn't expecting much since I had never been but they offered us free wine and heavy appetizers. I'm not one to turn down free wine and hot, cheesy dips!



They even had a Santa walking around. I made Trey take a picture with me! He was not pleased. Afterwards Santa assured us he was the "real" Santa. We nodded politely.

On Tuesday night of this week Bryan and I had tickets to see the Grizz take on the Lakers at home as part of our 11 game pack. We talked about selling or giving those tickets away since Bryan had been traveling the last two days, but we both agreed it might be fun to see Kobe Bryant and the Lakers.

As we were walking in we saw a line of people lined up to take pictures with Grizz dressed in his holiday best. I might have screamed a little and skipped over to join the line.



We weren't sure if we would get our picture with him since he had to go in about 5 minutes. But we made it and he even gave us a bear hug after the picture was snapped. Thus my day was made and I checked off something on my 30 before 30 list!

Wednesday night we went to the Majestic with my family for Clark's Annual Christmas Dinner at the Majestic.



This is one of our favorite new traditions. They show Christmas Vacation on the big screen with sound, we eat a pre-fix meal (salad, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, mac and cheese, with a strawberry trifle for dessert) and watch everyone dressed up in their holiday best or character costumes. It's always a blast and a great way to kick off the last week or so before Christmas.

Now, with less than a week before Christmas it's game time. We don't have any more holiday parties or events on the books until Christmas Eve. I'm looking forward to baking treats to give away, spending time in our Christmas jammies, and watching a few more of our favorite movies.

I hope that you can take some time this season to soak up the glory and the joy of this miraculous season.

No comments: