Apr 9, 2012

Make Good Choices

Over the last few years it has been apparent that I am not the same size 2 I once was 8 years ago. Last week I made the mistake of looking at the scale at the doctor's office. Now that I am no longer ignorant, something has to happen.

I don't believe in diets, they never last. Let's face it, I'm not a runner. So instead of committing to a workout program I won't commit to and a diet that I have no hope of sticking to I've devised my own campaign to change my current status. Make good choices.

Today's good choices:
- not ordering guacamole and chips at Las Delicious with lunch
- not having a beer right when I got home from school
- Salty Dogs group run. Bryan and I walked/ran 2 miles which was a feat since we're both exhausted from our weekend in New Orleans
- we opted out of beer and pasta after the group run. Good choice for my waistline and wallet. BONUS! Extra point!
- Mediterranean Quinoa salad for dinner, small portion.

Not bad for my first day. I'm thinking about devising a point system. I love competing, especially with myself.

No comments: