Dec 2, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Coming off the holiday weekend I'm so confused as to what day it is. It's been nice to have a relaxed schedule and time to prepare for the holiday. This time of year is a nightmare when you have to work full time and try to participate and enjoy the holidays.

Wednesday night we had the Baddorf and Nyhart families over for dinner. Without a full time, regular job I was happy to have the time to prepare the house and offer a place for everyone to enjoy a relaxed dinner together.

Thursday morning Bryan got up to run the Turkey Trot 5k in Shelby Farms while I stayed home to cook pie.

We had lunch at Gram and Gramps at 1 pm.


My Grubb's Thanksgiving plate.

We joined the Baddorfs and Nyharts at Bevin and Jamie's for dinner.


My Baddorf Thanksgiving plate. I scaled back on the main course but went heavy on desserts.


Much wine was drunk.

Earlier in the fall our farmer asked if I wanted to reserve a turkey for Thanksgiving. I said yes, of course.



So Friday night we had Friendsgiving with Stephen and Emily O.




It was perhaps the biggest feast of all three meals.




It was also the best.

We have much to be thankful for: each other, our home, the ability for me to take some time off, precious friends, a new church home, Motley, Roux, and Dribble, and of course our amazing family.

No comments: