Mar 28, 2014

New Music: Lorde's Pure Heroine

As part of my 30 before 30 goal I wanted to spent more time this year immersing myself in music, specifically new to me music. I hope to post a few of my findings here for you. I'm not music reviewer so don't expect any titillating review or anything.

The other day I was chatting with a friend (hi, Allyn!) and we were discussing music. I realized I haven't really been setting myself up to hear new music. When your favorite Pandora station is Louis Armstrong you aren't really going to hear the latest. Whoops. I'm working on that one. She also suggested Lorde as some of her new favorite music found from her more current Pandora stations.

So I gave her a listen. Bryan had made me listen to Royals a few months ago. I hadn't realized who sang it. So that was a nice surprise. It made me feel not quite so out of the loop. Just a smidge. Anyways, I love the chill, modern sound. It's laid back, but still mostly upbeat. I must have something for female bands lately - my last purchases were Lucious and HAIM. Whatevers. This is a great album and I'll be adding it to my female-centric collection soon.

Favorite Songs: Royals, Ribs, Love Club

When to listen: dinner party, flipping through the latest style mags, getting ready to go out

No comments: