Mar 14, 2014

New Music: Houndmouth's From the Hills Below the City

As part of my 30 before 30 goal I wanted to spent more time this year immersing myself in music, specifically new to me music. I hope to post a few of my findings here for you. I'm not music reviewer so don't expect any titillating review or anything.

FINALLY! Music I actually like!

This week I was dreading this little assignment. The last few weeks have been dreadful in terms of new music. I haven't really fallen in love with any music I've listened to since starting this project. Until this week.

I can't remember where I heard of Houndmouth, but they've been on my list for a while now. So glad I randomly picked them to listen to this week.

Although they hale from Indiana they have a very Southern rock sound to them, which is just one reason I'm drawn to their music. Another thing I like about this band is they take turns on lead singing. This keeps things interesting.  And of course they scored bonus points for mentioning Memphis (and whiskey) in "Comin' Round Again."

Yup, this album moves to the "to purchase" list.

Buy the album here from Amazon

When to listen: patio times, drinking beer, feeling nostalgic about the South, dinner party, just about any time will work really. 

No comments: