Apr 4, 2014

New Music: Real Estate Atlas

As part of my 30 before 30 goal I wanted to spent more time this year immersing myself in music, specifically new to me music. I hope to post a few of my findings here for you. I'm not music reviewer so don't expect any titillating review or anything.

This week's new tunes is Real Estate's new album Atlas. I heard of Real Estate from a current favorite podcast, Dinner Party Download. Seriously, I love this podcast. They describe themselves as the arts and leisure section of NPR. They closed a recent episode with a new tune from Real Estate, although now I can't remember which one it was.

I haven't heard any of Real Estate's previous work, so this was totally new for me. Their sound is very mellow, indie rock. Seriously, if I had a glass of wine I'd probably go straight to sleep before the end of the album.

When to listen: hanging out, patio times with friends, in the background while working, long road trips

No comments: