Oct 21, 2013

Thinking about: Wood Tablescapes

First of all, sorry for the lack of 31 Day Challenge post yesterday. It was one of those times where I should have been working ahead of schedule and had one in the hopper. But alas... we took a sick day and it was exactly what my body and soul needed. I'll have a post up this afternoon, but in the mean time...

Yesterday Eddie Ross posted the following photos on Instagram:


Do you follow Eddie? His work always leaves me inspired and thinking for days about how I can translate that into my home or table.

So for the last 12 hours I've pretty much thought of nothing but using wood scraps in a tablescape. Let me list the reasons this is silly for you:
1) We aren't even hosting a major holiday anytime soon. We'll even most likely be out of town for Thanksgiving
2) Where would we get this wood
3) Even if we got the wood we don't have the tools to cut it or burn in the cute designs

Never the less.... even if you didn't want to commit to the wood chargers, what about wood coasters? Or a center piece? Or napkin rings?

I could probably spend half a day looking at pictures on Pinterest and Houzz just on this theme alone. And for productivity sake, I won't. But its fun to think about.

What has been inspiring you lately? Does anyone else spend hours thinking about a tablescape you'll never put together?

No comments: