Oct 14, 2014

New York Trip 2014

Last week Bryan and I spent four and a half days in New York City. My bestie, Allyn, and her husband Josh have been living there for the last year. When they started talking about moving there I knew I wanted to visit. Originally I had hoped to go in early December as a birthday thing. I have always wanted to see the Christmas window displays at the big retailers. Allyn convinced me it was too cold and what with being pregnant and Bryan's travel schedule we decided early fall would be the best time anyways.

Thursday we flew in just in the perfect time to grab dinner at Prune, which was delightful. It was one of our favorite meals of the trip.

Friday morning Bryan met with one of the lines he reps (CW-X) while Allyn and I shopped at ABC Home and Fishs Eddy. We shared lunch at Eataly before meeting up with Bryan at the Natural History Museum.





After the museum we strolled through Central Park before heading to Ssam Bar for dinner.









Saturday morning was a bit wet, but Bryan and I ventured out on our own.  Our first top was Grand Central Terminal. It was breathtaking. Probably my favorite sight we visited.







We spent the afternoon shopping, seeing Rockerfeller Center and cruising through the Met. I wish we had more time/energy to spend there, but we were tired and didn't have much time after the shopping!









On Sunday Allyn joined us in further touristy excursions. Katz Deli, Top of the Rock, 9/11 Memorial, and NY style pizza at Johns.













Our flight wasn't until late afternoon on Monday which gave us time to see the Cloister's in the morning and have ramen for lunch. The Cloisters were another favorite sight.











Aside from Saturday morning, the weather was perfect while we were there. I brought a light sweater with me each day for the evening and was perfect during the day.

I'm so glad we were able to get this trip in before Allyn and Josh move to Cincinnati and before Charlie graces us with his presence.

No comments: