Oct 10, 2014

New Music: The Head and the Heart's Let's Be Still

As part of my 30 before 30 goal I wanted to spent more time this year immersing myself in music, specifically new to me music. I hope to post a few of my findings here for you. I'm not a music reviewer so don't expect any titillating review or anything.

The last few weeks I've seen a lot about The Head and the Heart. I think they had a show here in Memphis. Since seeing several friends pictures at the concert I've seen the band name a couple of different places. In my struggle to maintain current I thought I'd give them a listen this week.

I started off with last year's album Let's Be Still. I was feeling a bit sad and depressed and this album was the perfect album to listen to at the time. It starts off a little sad too and when you are sad, sometimes sad things are just comforting. You don't want to listen to peppy dance music, you want to be sad. Does that make sense? Anyways, by the end of the album I was back to feeling normal-ish. That's not to say that the album is sad at all. I just needed that mellow sound to envelope me for a little while.

They remind me of a mix of Mumford and Sons and Of Monsters and Men. Instantly likeable.

Favorite songs: Another Story, Shake, Let's Be Still

No comments: