May 9, 2014

New Music: Dirty Projectors' Swing Lo Magellan

As part of my 30 before 30 goal I wanted to spent more time this year immersing myself in music, specifically new to me music. I hope to post a few of my findings here for you. I'm not a music reviewer so don't expect any titillating review or anything.

Just like the last two weeks the Dirty Projects have been on my to-do list for a long time and I have no idea where I heard of them. It's been interesting to listen through these. Kind of like opening a present or a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get.

I have no idea how to describe this album. They have a different sound. Sometimes with an electronic sound, but more voice driven than most electronic music. A little experimental maybe?

I listened through a few times. There were a couple of songs I didn't mind, but also a few that I had to skip over after the first listen. Not really a ringing endorsement. I won't be putting this on my to-buy list. But I'm glad I gave it a listen. It's what this project is all about, after all.

When to listen: multi-tasking, hanging out with friends drinking PBRs on the front porch

No comments: