Feb 21, 2014

New Music: Hurray for the Riff Raff's Small Town Heroes

As part of my 30 before 30 goal I wanted to spent more time this year immersing myself in music, specifically new to me music. I hope to post a few of my findings here for you. I'm not music reviewer so don't expect any titillating review or anything.

I forget where I first heard of Hurray for the Riff Raff whether it was on WEVL or a mention in print. Last week I listened through the new album, Small Town Heroes, several times. It fit perfectly with the warmer weather we were having. Slightly twangy, bluesy, folksy. Based in New Orleans I could easily seem them playing on Frenchman - heck, maybe that's where I've heard of them. 

So far this has been my favorite album of this little project. 

When to listen: hanging with friends, outdoor times

No comments: