Aug 22, 2014

Peace out, Heat Wave

The last three days have been the hottest of the year so far. Highs in the upper 90s with the heat index into the middle 100s. I now understand why everyone has a comment about being pregnant in the summer. I'm super thankful that I'm not much later into the pregnancy right now. It would not be comfortable.

So, with the high at 99 tomorrow we're going to bust out of town and head towards the beach where the high for Monday is 84. Sweet relief!

I'm looking forward to sitting in my beach chair with a book or magazine, toes in the sand, gazing at the water. There will be walks on the beach, swimming, and lots of seafood. My doctor gave me the okay to eat as much as I want for the week.



Do you think we've packed enough reading material?

We've been knocking things off the to-do list over the last few weeks and it will be good to take a break and get away. Once we get back things will start moving forward. Closet hardware will be installed, bookcase and furniture will be moved, plaster repaired, and nurseries to be planned.

It feels like this trip is an odd bookmark in time somehow. The ending of our life as two and the beginning of our new family. Maybe I'm being overly emotional (sorry, hormones).

If you will excuse me, I'm going to go pack up my snacks and tank tops. Back in a week or so.

No comments: