Aug 20, 2014

Summer Snapshots

I haven't been great at posting much lately besides garden updates. As I was backing up photos recently I thought I'd post a few here to remember our summer.



We've had many nice mornings this summer in which we drink our coffee on the back patio. This picture was before we switched to iced coffee full time.



I made strawberry jam from my first CSA.



Bryan's been putting the grill to good use.



Lots of Shell time.



I tried my hand at fishing with no success.



We finally got to the top of the Madison Hotel one Sunday afternoon to take in this amazing view.



We've been eating lots of local produce thanks to our CSA. Here I'm making a batch of pickles from our garden.



We saw the Parthenon in Nashville.



We voted.



We sat on the front porch and watched a summer storm.



Finally tried Tart for breakfast. It was amazing.



Gotta have a Jerry's snowcone!



Seriously, we have been overtaken with the fresh produce this summer!



I've been putting up stuff like it's my job. (Maybe it is a little.)

This summer I will remember peaches and mornings on the back patio. We've had fresh peaches in our CSA for the last 5-6 weeks. Almost every day we've had a peach. It's been wonderful.

It's hard to believe the summer is over. Kids are already back in school here. We head to the beach soon and that will be the official close of summer for us. Then it will be time to start working on the office and nursery.

No comments: