Dec 8, 2014

The One Where I Turn 30

Last week I had a birthday. A big one. I turned 30. I thought it would be a bigger deal, but turns out, it's just like any other birthday. You don't feel any older and the world doesn't come crashing down. Huh. Imagine that.

Bryan spoiled me earlier in the week by taking me to get a new phone. Hallelujah!



For breakfast on my actual birthday we went to Tart for breakfast. I am in love with their breakfast antipasto platter. It's my ideal breakfast. Meats, cheese, honey, and fruit. What else do you need?

I met my mom for lunch at Hog and Hominy and then did a little shopping. I lounged around the house in the afternoon, reading, flipping through my seed catalog, and playing on my new phone.

Bryan wouldn't tell me what our dinner plans were, only that I should be ready to go by 6:15. Turns out he had planned a surprise gathering of friends and family at our house! He wanted it to be a Memphis Feast - MemFeast if you will - with 30 of my favorite Memphis foods. Everyone brought something different.



There were donuts, pies, cupcakes, popcorn, cheese fries, onion rings, guac and cheese dips, 7 layer dip, cheeseburgers, fried chicken, taco salad, ribs, BBQ Spaghetti, BBQ nachos, and more. It was both ridiculous and awesome at the same time.

It was so fun to see everyone and see what was the next food to show up. We ate  off the food for days afterwards.

Thanks, Bryan, for making it such a fun, special evening.

No comments: