Jun 6, 2014

New Music: Lee Bains III and the Glory Fires, Dereconstructed

As part of my 30 before 30 goal I wanted to spent more time this year immersing myself in music, specifically new to me music. I hope to post a few of my findings here for you. I'm not a music reviewer so don't expect any titillating review or anything.

This week's new music was brought to my attention by this article from The Bitter Southerner. I couldn't not listen to the album after reading the first half of the article.

Anyone who has read this blog knows I'm a fan of all things Southern, Southern Rock included. (I downloaded Southern rock bands Houndmouth and JJ Grey and Mofro last week and have been listening non stop.)

Lee Bains III and the Glory Fires has a bit of a harder, constant rockin' sound and more lyric based. I'll really need to listen through another few times to truly appreciate this aspect of the album.

And can we talk about how awesome a band name Glory Fires is? It's pretty awesome and I'm jealous I didn't think of it.

When to listen: Friday or Saturday nights, road trips, boating

No comments: