Dec 31, 2012

2012 Review


I suppose now would be the time to look back at this last year. It's been a doozy of a year. When I think about where I was a year ago and what I might have expected to see in the next year I don't think I ever would have imagined what happened. Some things I knew were coming, but there were a couple of curveballs thrown in there.

I haven't been shy about complaining about how awful this past year has been. Seriously, I cried more this year than I have in my entire life. It was rough. But there were some good things too.



Good things to remember this year by:
- Bryan's sales improving and his future in sales is amazing. I can't wait to see what happens.
- Three trips to New Orleans, spending time with Allyn and Josh in Franklin, our Virginia trip
- The amazing friendships I made with my Skyline girls
- Implimenting our garden in the backyard!
- Our lovely bathroom!
- Roux!



I know it's going to be a good year. I'm being super optomistic about it and trying to take things a little more lightly. (One of my main goals for the year is to drink more Champagne for heaven's sake!)  Sure, there are still areas in which our lives can improve. (My career, I'm looking at you!) But after what we've been through in 2012, I know we can make it through and come out a little bit stronger.

What I'm looking forward to in 2013:
- Trips to Bourbon country, New Orleans, and maybe even the beach
- Planting spring crops in the garden and watching it grow
- Learning. This year I hope to read more non-fiction and practice my photography skills
- Learning more about myself.
- Curtains. This year I am for sure going to have curtains and window treatments in the front four rooms of the house. I'm hearby implimenting my self-imposed deadline of March 31st.
- Kitchen changes. As our Christmas and birthday presents from my parents we are getting some changes done to the kitchen island. I hope this sparks a design direction for the ktichen so we can start moving that way.
- Family bonding. I hope that in the next few weeks our family of 6 will bond a little more. Tigger and Roux are still not buddy-buddy.



No comments: